Changing from SQL to Windows Authentication problem

From: Fox (@)
Date: 02/24/03

From: "Fox" <fox @ connexions .net>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 01:34:08 -0500

I need to change the DBO on a database. Right now it is owned by me but via
an SQL login. I have changed to Windows Authentication only and can
no longer login to that database via the web.

I have tried to create a new login using my name as a windows login
but SQL refuses since the name is the same. I have another database
wich is owned by me via a windows login and that one accesses just
fine. So I am guessing that if I can change my name in the DBO from
the SQL account to a Windows account that should solve the issue.

I tried detaching the database and when I reattached and selected my
my machinename/myname login as the DBO it instead resorted back
to the SQL user login.

Any idea would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Fox

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Logging in irrespective of database access
    ... Sysadmin role members have full permissions, ... SQL Server MVP ... > My problem is that in the Login section of Enterprise Manger I have to> specify that each login has the System Admin ticked under Server Roles> because in SQL 2000 there doesn't seem to a Grant All permissions option> like there used to be in SQL 6.5. ... > What's the point in having the Database Access section if the System Admin> under Server Roles allows you to get into anything?. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
[...]
  • File Ownership failing for Domain Accounts
    ... I am having a consistent problem on several instances of SQL 2005 setting ... the ownership of database files to a windows user. ... Right-click on any user database, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)