job execution sql agent

From: p brent (peter_brent@manulife.com)
Date: 02/21/03

From: "p brent" <peter_brent@manulife.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 11:45:12 -0800

I am using a proxy account to run a scheduled job.
The proxy account is non-sysadmin, and is setup
to do all the DTS stuff required. The jobs run under
this proxy account. I would like to
have developer's (non-sysadmin) manually run job themselves
from EM but they cannot. I tried to give them db_owner
in msdb but they still exec permission errors in system
sp_..job procs...
Any ideas on how to provide developers job run privilege
without sysadmin.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SQL Proxy Agent and cmdExec
    ... when I said I had various results playing with the switch for Non-SysAdmin ... I meant on some servers I was able to set a non-sysadmin ... Unable to set the SQL Agent proxy account because of the reason listed ...
  • Re: xpsql.cpp
    ... proxy account was not there (on one server wasn't there; ... I run a stored procedure sp_test, with user B0 (non-sysadmin domain ... output is the account that Sql Server is running with. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • job execution sql agent
    ... I am using a proxy account to run a scheduled job. ... The proxy account is non-sysadmin, and is setup ... to do all the DTS stuff required. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: How to Run Job without Sysadmin Role
    ... But never mind, i've solved now but i'm getting new error: ... Oh yeah, I use sysadmin user for proxy account, so when a Non-Sysadmin ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Proxy Account
    ... I have setup a proxy account. ... I am not a network admin and don't have anyone here whose ... command does run successfully if it outputed to the local hard drive. ...