User Permissions

From: Roberta McGervey (ramcgervey@atc-nec.com)
Date: 02/27/03

From: "Roberta McGervey" <ramcgervey@atc-nec.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 13:43:22 -0500

Is there a way that I can prevent certain users access to the database only
if they are running our application other than using an Application role?

The application role will not work for us because we keep track of who
changes what and also we set restrictions using the users name. If we use
the application role that role name is the user name breaking these two
parts of the program.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Opening dbase in full screen with no way to "back end"
    ... I have a database that I want to open viewing a form (the ... "switchboard") full screen, without allowing users access to editing ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • Re: Do web services make sense for me?
    ... Web Service is one of the way involve your class. ... > As far as I can tell, I will still need to give the users access to my ... > database, because I have to have the ... > Ron L ...
  • Re: Do web services make sense for me?
    ... Web Service is one of the way involve your class. ... > As far as I can tell, I will still need to give the users access to my ... > database, because I have to have the ... > Ron L ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: Do web services make sense for me?
    ... Web Service is one of the way involve your class. ... > As far as I can tell, I will still need to give the users access to my ... > database, because I have to have the ... > Ron L ...
  • Re: Flushing data
    ... >> Sylvain Lafontaine, ing. ... >>>I have an SQL database which was just upsized from Access ... >>> The users access the database in two ways ...
    (microsoft.public.access.adp.sqlserver)