Re: Free SQL?

From: Mark Allison (mark@allisonyourpantsmitchell.c0m)
Date: 02/26/03

From: "Mark Allison" <mark@allisonyourpantsmitchell.c0m>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 19:15:31 -0000

Developer Edition is substantially cheaper than Standard Edition and has all
the features of Enterprise, but just not licensed for production. You could
also use Evaluation Edition but this is time limited and you cannot apply
service packs to it.

--
Mark Allison, SQL Server MVP
http://www.allisonmitchell.com
"Justice" <canyonjc3@attbi.com> wrote in message
: Hello All,
:
: Please forgive the newbie question here but I just found
: out a site I am working on must use SQL server.  I have
: never programmed for SQL server and am wondering how I
: test my app locally during development? Is there a
: restricted developer edition or anything I can download
: to put on my testing server to help me develop the site?
:
: Thanks
:
: Justice
:
: (stop laughing!)
:

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Evaluation vs Developer versions
    ... Developer Edition, Evaluation Edition and Enterprise Edition are the same in terms of their features. ... Express Edition is a limeted version of SQL Server 2005 so if you want to test and learn all benefits of SQL Server 2005, then you definitely try Evaluation or Developer Editions. ... I installed SQL Server 2005 Express because it was free, a few weeks ago, but realized yesterday that the Developer ver and Evaluation ver are probably both better choices for learning, and both relatively cheap. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: Upgrade from evaluation version in XP
    ... As Tibor Says, if you are going to install on Windows XP, you must either ... The Developer Edition is very inexpensive and has most all of the ... Wayne Snyder, MCDBA, SQL Server MVP ... > Evaluation Edition can be supported by XP, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: Can SQL Server be run locally?
    ... You would need a SQL Server for this. ... That could be like Express Edition or Developer Edition (cheap, like Enterprise but not allowed to run production work). ... development system to do test imports into. ...
  • Re: access as frontend to backend sql 2000
    ... ADE is an "add on" to Access. ... an "imitation" of the entire deployment you plan, ... SQL Server Express may be just the thing for you. ... SQL Server Developer Edition includess development tools, ...
    (microsoft.public.access.adp.sqlserver)
  • Re: Is SQL server not installed with VS2005
    ... "The developer edition of SQL Server" does not refer to a particular ... Copyright 1988-2003 Microsoft Corporation Personal Edition on Windows ... You *can* install MSDE 2000 or SQL Server 2005 Express. ...