Re: SP 3 Update error

From: Chris Wood (chris.wood@gov.ab.ca)
Date: 02/14/03

    From: "Chris Wood" <chris.wood@gov.ab.ca>
    Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 13:26:46 -0700

    Ray,

    Look at 814064 in KB. Also its best to have at least MDAC 2.6 SP1 or 2 on
    the server before trying the upgrade and shutdown as many other services as
    you can.

    Chris Wood
    Alberta Department of Energy
    CANADA

    "Ray Kannan" <raykannan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I rolled SP3 with out any problems in many servers. In two
    > of the servers I am getting an error. Cannot validate the
    > SA Password. But I could connect to with the same password
    > through query analyser and also I tried to reset the
    > password. Still the SP3 fails at the exact same point
    > stating cannot validate SA password Retry / Cancel. Any
    > solutions ?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Ray

    Relevant Pages

    • SP 3 Update error
      ... I rolled SP3 with out any problems in many servers. ... stating cannot validate SA password Retry / Cancel. ... Ray ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
    • Re: SP 3 Update error
      ... sqlservr -c -m ... > I rolled SP3 with out any problems in many servers. ... > stating cannot validate SA password Retry / Cancel. ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
    • Re: Two networking cards
      ... You really need to do some Tracert from workstation and servers in the .19 ... It may be the dual port network card is routing packets, ... "Ray" wrote: ...
    • Re: Teranews down
      ... I see Ray has made the cookie problem go away; ... The <rmc> FAQ link for new users is essentially ... commercial servers. ... Ray will look at enabling a group when requested. ...
      (rec.motorcycles.harley)
    • Messed up AD structure, some help needed
      ... I just entered a new company that has 235 users and 8 servers in a ... My biggest problem so far is that the company has a ... I want my branches users to validate against a local server and ... reason for the timeouts in validations, OWA timeout problems, etc. ...