Re: SQL 7.0 security path similar to MS02-061 for SQL2000

From: Hal Berenson (haroldb@truemountainconsulting.com)
Date: 02/13/03

From: "Hal Berenson" <haroldb@truemountainconsulting.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 23:56:38 -0800

It's MS02-061, which is the rollup of all the latest applicable security
fixes! Check out that security bulletin for a link to the 7.0 version, or
go directly to
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q327068&sd=tech

Note that you must apply SP4 first.

--
Hal Berenson
True Mountain Consulting
"Ruth" <rdavidson@skycity.co.nz> wrote in message
> Does anyone know what the MS02-061 equivalent security
> patch for SQL 7.0 is?  We have servers with
>
> 1.  SQL Standard Edt   7.00.842
> 2.  SQL MSDE    7.00.623
>
> We would like to secure these servers without the need to
> upgrade to SQL2000.  What can we apply to these servers?
>
> Your help is much appreciated.
>
> Ruth

Relevant Pages

  • [security bulletin] SSRT051005 rev.1 - HP ProLiant DL585 Servers Unauthorized Remote Access
    ... The information in this Security Bulletin should be acted upon ... Hewlett-Packard Company ... -> HP ProLiant DL585 Servers with Integrated Lights Out ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: Can extra processing threads help in this case?
    ... computers installed in the White House. ... after the installation, hordes of NSA-types descended on the White House to track down the ... This is yet a different form of physical security: the early "smart cards" had encryption ... Bandwidth for connected servers, the path of the data, ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Need urgent help regarding security
    ... There is plenty of security info out there ... email from even a dozen servers is small. ... an OS version upgrade should not be taken lightly. ... Given that your root password was apparently found on the servers, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • [Full-Disclosure] w32.frethem.k@mm and good reading
    ... Script kiddies deface websites. ... only obfuscating your own perception of security. ... >> vulnerabilities in a particular operating system or server software ... >> Imagine a custom operating system used by only a few servers, ...
    (Full-Disclosure)