SQL 7.0 security path similar to MS02-061 for SQL2000

From: Ruth (rdavidson@skycity.co.nz)
Date: 02/13/03

From: "Ruth" <rdavidson@skycity.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 18:32:05 -0800

Does anyone know what the MS02-061 equivalent security
patch for SQL 7.0 is? We have servers with

1. SQL Standard Edt 7.00.842
2. SQL MSDE 7.00.623

We would like to secure these servers without the need to
upgrade to SQL2000. What can we apply to these servers?

Your help is much appreciated.

Ruth

Relevant Pages

  • Re: sql 2005 active/passive cluster options
    ... that is storing data on a seperate SQL 2005 Standard box. ... SQL server had an hardware fault causing application downtime for ... their product is an active/passive sql cluster. ... terms of active/passive failover I need two identical servers (since ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
  • RE: permissions compatible with pre-Win2000 servers
    ... Based on your reply, the NT machine which running SQL 7 is not a PDC, BDC, ... With regards to the anonymouse connection to SQL, ... >Our concern is for our NT4 servers that are dedicated to running SQL7 ...
  • Re: Performance Monitor / Database Storage using ODBC
    ... This solution would be just working temporarily (a few servers), ... Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.tools)
  • Re: Web App Security Model.
    ... SQL permissions are correctly restrictive (so worse case the allowed ... If these machines are standalone the threats posed by them are ... applications / implementation and whether their design has ... My company wants to have a few Windows Servers running web app's (ASPX ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Consolidate SQL servers to single server
    ... but I'm 99.9% sure that SQL Standard will only ever use 2GB RAM ... > However, you say "When using PAE, it is best to set the AWE settings ... >> So you can run all three instances with separate memory ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)