From: mark story (
Date: 02/12/03

From: "mark story" <>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 01:47:47 -0800

MSDE only supports NT authentication

Had to change connection string o use OLEDB provider
instead of ODBC-type connection which only supports SQL
Server Authentication. That's it.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SQL Server Authentication hacking
    ... If so, SQL Server Authentication ... is vulnerable to sniffers that can decrypt password. ... > password is passed across the network (connection string ...
  • Re: Usergroup setup & Changing authentecation
    ... You can "test" SQL Server authentication by creating a user via ... I need to test sql> server authentacation and setup a test usergroup to test> in our new development environment. ...
  • SQL Server Authentication hacking
    ... I currently connect to SQL 7 and 2K servers using SQL ... server authentication. ... This means that in the connection ... password is passed across the network (connection string ...
  • RE: OleDB vs. SQL
    ... SQL gives you a perf advantage. ... another database in the future (change connection string and roll in many ... "Bill K" wrote:> I'm building an app in and connecting to a SQL Server 2000 Database. ... > Does it make a big difference if I use OleDb data adapters as opposed to SQL> data adapters? ...
  • anonymous logging on ISA SEVER
    ... SQL database(SQL server authentication) behind an ISA ... firewall without allowing anybody at all to log on to my ...