Re: AUTHENTICATION TO APPLY SP3

From: Denny (mrdenny@gamespy.com)
Date: 02/10/03

From: "Denny" <mrdenny@gamespy.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 14:08:49 -0800

Did you try starting the SQL Server in single user mode? This worked from
me. From ../binn
sqlservr -c -m

--
Denny Cherry
Database Administrator
"Jim K." <jking@shumakerengineering.com> wrote in message
> I have made all of the recommended changes, but still
> cannot get past the validation portion of the SP3
> installation.
>
>  - I installed MDAC 2.7 SP1
>  - Replaced the dbmslpcn.dll in my system32 dir with the
> one in SP3
>  - I added the value DSQUERY > DBNETLIB to
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSSQLServer\Client\
> ConnectTo\
>  - I have tried to run it as the administrator account on
> the local machine
> - tried the sa password validation
> - I ran Sqlredis.exe. (although it didnt appear to do
> much, just unpack and quit)
>

> But I think my problem is before the validation window,
> in the Named Instance window. I cannot choose a named
> instance.  The check-box is greyed out, it will not allow
> me to change it from the default instance.
>
> Any idea why this is?
>

> Thanks in advance.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: simple (?) question about having ";" in the password
    ... sanitise input by allowing special characters, ... Attempting to escape SQL strings is a non-starter. ... (BTW, remember that if you are attempting to sanitise input "by hand", then ... of validation to the logic before using the prepared statement. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Installing SQL Server 2008 on a cluster
    ... failed saying there were errors or no verification report. ... did a search for Validation and found where it was trying to access the ... Can you check the Cluster Events under Failover Cluster Management and see ... Principal SQL Infrastructure Consultant ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
  • Re: COBOL/DB2 Date edit question
    ... Stored procedures are becoming a way of life on many sites, ... Banging away at databases with primitive SQL is ... Within all of this a lot of validation has been going on. ... and submit them together to an UPDATE that triggers the cross validation. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • sql browser and named instance connection issue
    ... Checking file permisisons on:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL ... Restart SQLBrowser and then your named instance. ... The suggestions in the blog post include setting the Port property in SSAS ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.olap)
  • Re: Triple Whammy Newbie Question - abstracting connections/commands
    ... performing all of the necessary validation up front. ... So an SQL injection would never ... >>or stored procedures and create your SQL statements on the fly. ...