Moving users / passwords

From: Michael Satterwhite (satterwh@xxxx.weblore.com)
Date: 02/06/03

From: "Michael Satterwhite" <satterwh@xxxx.weblore.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 08:45:28 -0600

We're moving our Install of SQL Server 7 to a new server. What is the
easiest way to move the defined users (intact) to the new server?

Relevant Pages

  • RE: SBS 2003 SP1 Upgrade - MSDE 2000 Service Pack 4 did not instal
    ... The DSRestore Filter failed to connect to local SAM server. ... registry keys of the Microsoft SQL server and mail to me for analyze. ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... SBS 2003 SP1 Upgrade - MSDE 2000 Service Pack 4 did not install ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: How do I get back to base SQL server on my SBS 2003 server?
    ... Can I reinstall the files from another SBS2003 server I manage? ... On my install of SLQ2005, I told it to upgrade all instances. ... Installing SQL Server 2005 WorkGroup Edition in Windows Small Business ... <The server-based applications that were running fine are: McAFee EPO, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Installed VS 2005 want to Manage SQL 2005 Server
    ... I Guess I didn't copy it to the Install Source on the Server. ... To change an existing instance of Microsoft SQL Server 2005 to a different edition of SQL Server 2005, you must run SQL Server 2005 Setup from the command prompt and include the SKUUPGRADE=1 parameter. ... The Following Components that you chose to install are already installed onthe machine. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: Clearer version of my earlier question re sp_grantlogin and sp_grantdbaccess
    ... > Server, doesn't have the right to grant DB access to Domain Groups. ... I didn't know that an SQL Server login as ... > I did the install about a month ago as Domain Admin (default install - mixed ... > site where they let me login as Domain Admin. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.msde)
  • Re: New Event Log Errors!
    ... Somehow along those lines I'd also installed the Certificate Authority ... Did you apply the last Server Pack for SBS Server? ... Please install Windows Support Tools on the win2k3 sp1 problematic ... Microsoft is providing this information only as a convenience to you: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)