Re: MS Desktop Engine 2000

From: Richard Waymire [MSFT] (rwaymi@online.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/06/03

From: "Richard Waymire [MSFT]" <rwaymi@online.microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 18:13:20 -0800

email me your contact info... rwaymi@microsoft.com

--
Richard Waymire, MCSE, MCDBA
"Michael" <madams@webtonetech.com> wrote in message
news:05d801c2cd3e$1d436e20$8df82ecf@TK2MSFTNGXA02...
> Richard,
>
> I believe I am experiencing the same problem.  I have
> several users with MSDE 2000 version 8.00.194.  Per the
> registry on these machines it is SQL01 and there is no
> named instance.  I cannot install any MSDE service pack,
> 1,2,or 3.  I have tried using the setup.exe and the
> individual instances.  I get the same errors
> either "Another version of this product is already
> installed.  Installation of this version cannot continue.
> To configure or remove the existing version of this
> product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel"
> or "The instance name specified is invalid."  I just
> verified the version as 8.00.194, so I am at a lost to
> figure out how I have already installed MSDE sp3.
>
> Michael

Relevant Pages

  • Re: User Login Time on windows 2000 profesional on Domain
    ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ... If you don't have the tools installed, ...
  • Re: Vista + Urge = No joy
    ... This is an issue in the MTV install registration at ... See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info. ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Error with Windows Media Video 9 codec
    ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Deploying Problem
    ... Attempt to install assembly without a strong name" ... When i create a Child Code Group under Local_Intranet_Zone,while import assembly from application exe, it says ... >> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: Vista + Urge = No joy
    ... cannot get URGE to install as in the other posts. ... See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info. ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)