Re: Firewall settings choices

From: Fox Bortniker (fox@connexions.net)
Date: 02/05/03

From:     Fox Bortniker <fox@connexions.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 13:14:50 -0800

Thanks so much. I followed what you said and feel a bit
better now. Unfortunately I really know nothing about this server. I
only installed it for sake of a set of tmeplates that require SQL Server
for them to run. Installing them, they do all the work. They create the
databases and all. They use PHP, which I do not know, so I can't really
figure much out from looking at them. This leads me to a very basic
question, if you don't mind another.

I am building a little web site ap to track the members and points for
my kids Martial Arts tournament circuit. I am using an ACCESS 2000
database and am not yet done. In thinking about it, I realized I was
better off with one of the tables being broken down into a more linear
scheme. This will cause that table to end up with 20 - 30 thousand
records. When I realized I had SQL Server sitting here and that I was no
longer intimidated (since my books tell me that moslty the same code can
be used for both) , I decided to see how this works. I imported the
Database and tables and wanted to see if I could run it as is. I created
a SYSTEM-DSN but I cannot log into the DSN via the webpage. Can you tell
me how I set this up ? I am expecting that I need something set up in
the SQL Manager for web access by IUSR or whatever needs be.

Thanks again,
Fox