Re: Firewall settings choices

From: Fox Bortniker (fox@connexions.net)
Date: 02/05/03

From:     Fox Bortniker <fox@connexions.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 13:14:50 -0800

Thanks so much. I followed what you said and feel a bit
better now. Unfortunately I really know nothing about this server. I
only installed it for sake of a set of tmeplates that require SQL Server
for them to run. Installing them, they do all the work. They create the
databases and all. They use PHP, which I do not know, so I can't really
figure much out from looking at them. This leads me to a very basic
question, if you don't mind another.

I am building a little web site ap to track the members and points for
my kids Martial Arts tournament circuit. I am using an ACCESS 2000
database and am not yet done. In thinking about it, I realized I was
better off with one of the tables being broken down into a more linear
scheme. This will cause that table to end up with 20 - 30 thousand
records. When I realized I had SQL Server sitting here and that I was no
longer intimidated (since my books tell me that moslty the same code can
be used for both) , I decided to see how this works. I imported the
Database and tables and wanted to see if I could run it as is. I created
a SYSTEM-DSN but I cannot log into the DSN via the webpage. Can you tell
me how I set this up ? I am expecting that I need something set up in
the SQL Manager for web access by IUSR or whatever needs be.

Thanks again,
Fox

  • Re: Administering MSDE
    ... Thanks for posting in our newsgroup and also for Costas's input. ... SQL Server Web Data Administrator ... Installing Microsoft Windows Server Update Services 3.0 on Windows Small ... Installing WSUS 3.0 won't affect the SharePoint database. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Need Help: Operating system error 3706
    ... Installing an additional component resolved the problem and the software is now able to connect to the database ... The developer is currently doing a complete rewrite/update of the program, including database functions. ... While this would require a modest re-write, it's not that tough to convert to a managed-code provider instead of the COM-based OLE DB provider. ... If the application is not based on .NET, then make sure the application is upgraded to use the SNAC (SQL Server Native Client) provider which is less trouble-prone than the older MDAC-based providers. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • Re: Database for C#
    ... If I needed absolute top performance without installing something like MSDE ... too slow when accessing file based systems while, with SQL Server, ADO, etc. ... that, at the time, I built upon to create a complete database system. ...
  • Re: Problem on acces database
    ... Try compacting the database by using the ISQLWCE tool that should be ... you can compact the database from managed code or from eVB ... SQL Server CE Query Analyzer is a graphical tool included in Microsoft® SQL ... see Installing SQL Server CE Query Analyzer. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.ce)
  • IBM Client Access Express/SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition
    ... -Target Database SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition ... - Successfull access to Northwind table via Enterprise Manager ... After installing Client Access Express R 4.5.0 SQL Server as well as ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.olap)