Job Error. Need help ASAP.

From: Dane Jurkovic (Dane.Jurkovic@Lan-Apps.com)
Date: 02/05/03

From: "Dane Jurkovic" <Dane.Jurkovic@Lan-Apps.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 06:47:22 -0800

Does anyone know what could be my problem here?

Let me explain..

I have two servers, one in a DMZ and the other on our
local network. I have a DTS package running every night
form the server on the DMZ. I can verify this by looking
in the jobs. Here is the kicker. I can run the DTS
package from Enterprise Manager (EM) and the package
works just fine. But, every night the "job" fails (job
error below). The job is running under the SA account so
it has the permissions but fails. I am thinking that it
could be something with the firewall between the DMZ and
the local network. Some port that is being blocked or
something. Does anyone know if "jobs" are using a special
port or something? The reason why I am going down this
path is that using EM and sitting on the local network I
must be acting as some kind of "middle" man and that is
why the DTS package is working when I fire it off. But,
when the server in the DMZ is doing all the work there is
no middle man helping it out. I.e. I can see the server
in the DMZ and it can see the server on the local network
through me. I know, sounds dumb. But, that is all I can
think the problem could be some port being blocked on the
firewall. Any help would be so wonderful.

*******************
Start Of Job Error
*******************
DTSRun: Loading...
Error: -2147008507 (80074005);
Provider Error: 0 (0)
Error string: Unspecified error
Error source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services
(DTS) Package
Help file: sqldts.hlp
Help context: 713
Error: -2147467259 (80004005);
Provider Error: 1326 (52E)
Error string: Client unable to establish connection
Error source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL
Server
Help file: Help context: 0
Error: -2147467259 (80004005);
Provider Error: 1326 (52E)
Error string: [DBNMPNTW]ConnectionOpen (CreateFile
()).
Error source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL
Server
Help file:
Help context: 0. Process Exit Code 1. The step failed.
*****************
End Of Job Error
*****************

Thanks,
Dane-

Relevant Pages

  • SUS in DMZ
    ... I've got two windows 2003 servers, one in the main local network, one on the ... Suddenly I'm unable to access the SUSAdmin site on the server in the DMZ (an ... If it's of any consequence, the internal SUS server is in AD, the one in the ...
  • SUS in DMZ
    ... I've got two windows 2003 servers, one in the main local network, one on the ... Suddenly I'm unable to access the SUSAdmin site on the server in the DMZ (an ... If it's of any consequence, the internal SUS server is in AD, the one in the ...
  • Re: dhcpd in dmz ?
    ... > outside too and think about moving this server to the DMZ. ... There is no sense to put a DHCP server on a server in real ... DMZ with a separate local network from the internal net: ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • outbound mail problem
    ... exchange 2003 servers, one on local network that handles mail, and public ... because the reverse record goes to out to the server in the dmz. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • using wrong smtp server
    ... exchange 2003 servers, one on local network that handles mail, and public ... because the reverse record goes to out to the server in the dmz. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)