Job Can not execute an Update Statement

From: Joe (joezfeng@yahoo.com)
Date: 02/04/03

From: "Joe" <joezfeng@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 13:44:34 -0800

Hi,

I have a job, say job_A with one step executing a sp, say
exec p_abc. There is an update statement in the p_abc. I
can run the p_abc in query window with the update
statement and I can run job_A if I comment out the update
statement in the p_abc. However, the job fails whenever
there is (are) some record(s) needed to be update. I have
selected the owner of job_A as sa and the login name of
dbo in the database is sa. Could you help me with this
problem? Thank you

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Change UDF Owner
    ... But for changing the database owner, ... EXEC sp_changedbowner 'dbo' ... I suppose changing ownership of databases and objects is different. ... Does it make sense to change the ownership to dbo? ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Please Help
    ... Try issuing a USE command before executing, and not specifying the database ... EXEC sp_addlogin @newname ... EXEC sp_grantdbaccess @newname ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Lost dbo user
    ... in BOL lookup database owner for an explanation ... but for one database the Users table is> empty - there is not even a 'dbo' entry. ... I have tried> exec sp_changedbowner 'dbo' ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Permission to Users under DB
    ... Dear Sue, ... exec sp_changedbowner 'sa' ... I get the dbo as SA for that database. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: re-associate "dbo" user with "sa" login
    ... It sounds like the user is the database owner. ... change the owner to sa by executing the following in the ... exec sp_changedbowner 'sa' ... login from "dbo" user. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)