Re: Error installing Security Update on SQL 2K

From: Matt (mattkowalski@adelphia.net)
Date: 02/04/03

From: "Matt" <mattkowalski@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 10:49:37 -0500

I found that if I stopped all SQL related services (MS SQL, Agent, MSDTC,
Full text Search, etc) before running the install it would work.

"Dee Roghelia" <Dee.Roghelia@GMACInsurance.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to install Security Bulletin MS02-061 on a SQL
> Server 2000 SP2 server. I keep getting an error that the
> file dbmslpcn.dll is in use and can not be overwritten. I
> tried rebooting; that didn't help. I tried shutting down
> some services like McAfee and Com+ but that didn't work
> either. I have installed this Security Bulletin on 3
> other servers with no problems. Any ideas?

Relevant Pages

  • RE: How do I get back to base SQL server on my SBS 2003 server?
    ... After you uninstall SQL 2005, the instance which you upgraded will not go ... Uninstall and then reinstall ISA server. ... Uninstall and then reinstall the Monitoring component. ... Tools to Maintenance, change Monitoring component to Install, and then ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: How do I get back to base SQL server on my SBS 2003 server?
    ... What's the error message you see when installing SQL? ... the easier way is to restore the server from recent backup. ... Screen shot of the error when you install SQL 2005 Workgroup edition. ... <The server-based applications that were running fine are: McAFee EPO, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS 2003 and Sql Server ~ Client Install
    ... I've found the client tools and have now ... A word mail merge document could access a SQL database via ... We want to install to gain an understanding. ... Once we've managed to install the SQL Server Client we can start to ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Re: how do I change the user install wizard to create user folder in different location?
    ... Some people read the instructions in such a way that they install both a new ... instance of sql, ... Never slight the SBS wizards. ... I reinstalled from scratch using the Dell OpenManage Server ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Trouble Getting VS.Net 2003 WalkThroughs MSDE Connection
    ... Config Tool of SQL Server? ... > link to download the PUBs database. ... >>> Setup and they directed me to install MSDE and they attached a ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.msde)