Re: SP3 and CSRSS.EXE

From: Alex Clark (alex@theclarkhome.spamtin.net)
Date: 02/02/03

From: "Alex Clark" <alex@theclarkhome.spamtin.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 12:08:20 -0000

Hi All,

Sorry for the delayed response, I had no choice but to reinstall as I ran
out of time. I'm sorry I couldn't have attempted the solutions provided and
given feedback to the rest of the group, as I know other people have been
having similar problems.

Thanks for your help,
Alex Clark

"Alex Clark" <alex@theclarkhome.spamtin.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> It seems that I'm not the only one having this problem of CSRSS.EXE eating
> 100% CPU time after installing SP3. I've encountered this problem on XP
SP1
> with SQL Personal Ed, although a recent post from Brig implies that it
> affects installations running on W2K Server as well.
>
> MS, are you investigating this? Am I the only one who's starting to think
> SP3 was released a tad early, and would have benefited from a bit more
> testing perhaps? Maybe a Service Pack for SP3 will be along soon.
>
> Is there any point in hanging around for a helpful response from MS, or
> should I just cut my losses now and reinstall SQL Server with SP2???
>
> Regards,
> Alex Clark
>

> (Daniel Bright, Jasper, and Brig are three other NG members that have
> reported the same error. I suppose potentially there could be more people
> with the same problem, who can't even post a NG message because their CPU
is
> being swamped by CSRSS.EXE)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SP3 uninstall question
    ... It may interest you, and Bear, that the reason for the Windows reinstall was ... the Sony program, stupidly, without checking it was SP1. ... nervous in such situations), I just went for SP3, on the basis that if I ... Install Sony camcorder program, verify Sony program works OK, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: My computers jacked up hardcore (ATTN: BILLW50)
    ... closer to a blue tab of death. ... unlike SP3, which has caused problems for numerous people. ... You mentioned a repair installation when SpyBot ... I mentioned in c) why a clean reinstall would be a waste of time. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: sp3
    ... I replaced the power supply and had to reinstall windows!!! ... Many of the problems with SP3 can be fixed. ... are cases where it is difficult to even reinstall Windows by Dvd. ... Now that restores you to your prior working installation. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Windows Media Player (11) is not installed properly. Reinstall
    ... I removed XP SP3 then reinstalled Windows without formatting. ... You can potentially try to rebuild the system catalog database and reinstall ... WMP, but otherwise the next step would probably be a reinstall ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Apps no longer work with Framework 1.0 SP3
    ... Sorry for delayed response. ... Here is the reply from our product team. ... Framework 1.0 as part of SP3. ... This is a security addition for the SP3 ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)