Delegate Power of God to only 1 database - How?

From: Tony Su (tonysu@su-networking.com)
Date: 12/18/02

From: "Tony Su" <tonysu@su-networking.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 16:00:55 -0800

Can't believe I'm not able to figure this out...

Objective:
Create a SQL User account (not Windows) which has full dBO
rights over the single database. Deny access to everything
else.

Problem:
Have assigned the dBO role to the account, but the account
still cannot access tables because it lacks the
permissions to execute a select statement on "sysobjects"
and "sysindexes"

Additional tries:
Tried assigning dBO permissions to the Master, Model,
MSDB, Pubs and Tempdb databases.
Have gone in and checked all the boxes through "manage
permissions" for the account, after some complaining the
boxes are all checked.

TIA, I know I must be overlooking something stupid...

Tony