Delegate Power of God to only 1 database - How?

From: Tony Su (tonysu@su-networking.com)
Date: 12/18/02

From: "Tony Su" <tonysu@su-networking.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 16:00:55 -0800

Can't believe I'm not able to figure this out...

Objective:
Create a SQL User account (not Windows) which has full dBO
rights over the single database. Deny access to everything
else.

Problem:
Have assigned the dBO role to the account, but the account
still cannot access tables because it lacks the
permissions to execute a select statement on "sysobjects"
and "sysindexes"

Additional tries:
Tried assigning dBO permissions to the Master, Model,
MSDB, Pubs and Tempdb databases.
Have gone in and checked all the boxes through "manage
permissions" for the account, after some complaining the
boxes are all checked.

TIA, I know I must be overlooking something stupid...

Tony

Relevant Pages

  • Table record editing permissions
    ... The 'dbo' account means that 'sa' is the owner. ... without being granted permissions. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Delegate Power of God to only 1 database - How?
    ... permissions to only that database which can be assigned to ... a specific database without using Windows authentication... ... >Exactly what is this 'dBO' role you are referring to? ... >> Create a SQL User account which has full ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: ASP.net insists on using dbo. to call aspnet_* stored procedures
    ... No. mysql_login is one account and the dbo is another account, ... SQL Server 2000 developer in same machine. ... connection string is setup to use the sql login assigned to the ...
  • Re: How do I set the login name for a user?
    ... You are better to make a dbo roled account (database god?), although that is not my first recommendation for connections. ... name, key name, without login. ...
  • Re: Strange Exception!
    ... >> I'm not sure how you login to enterprise manager as a different account? ... >> When I go in as normal it says that all the tables are owned by dbo. ... > account that is mapped to dbo or log in as 'sa'. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)