Re: SQL hotfix version discrepancy

From: Narayana Vyas Kondreddi (answer_me@hotmail.com)
Date: 12/11/02

From: "Narayana Vyas Kondreddi" <answer_me@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 16:54:47 -0000

The version number is not changed, if the sqlservr.exe is not updated. Look
for the version on the individual files you've replaced. They will show you
the correct version number.

--
HTH,
Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)
"jj" <jeff_detoro@urmc.rochester.edu> wrote in message
> I downloaded and ran hotfix 8.00.0686 on two SQL 2000 sp2 servers. When I
> check the version number after the upgrade it comes up as 8.00.0679. I
> double checked this and I did not make a mistake. Anyone have any idea how
> this happened.
>
> Thanks
> jj

Relevant Pages

  • SQL 2008 Upgrade Bug
    ... I had a similar situation and after calling MS support it turns out there is a bug in the SISS that will prevent the upgrade of an expired evaluation edition. ... I am not sure if you have unintalled the SQL Server and then reinstalled it. ... In this case I recommend that you contact Microsoft Customer Support Services ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: Connecting remotely through VPN
    ... Reason: Your upgrade is blocked. ... Requirements" topics in SQL Server 2005 Setup Help or SQL Server 2005 Books ... information about edition upgrades, see the Version and Edition Upgrades ... I think that your SQL Browser Service did not work well. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • Re: Creating a new Access database file (.mdb) in .NET/C#
    ... You definitely need to download my Ebook. ... It can be passed around as a file like JET and backed up in a similar fashion. ... Consider that this database is also fully encryptable--a feature not in JET or in SQL Server until 2008. ... Per the MS product pages, I'm eligible for the Upgrade package, and ...
  • Re: SQL 2005 wont upgrade using R2 discs
    ... But when I try and upgrade the default instance I still get this error: ... Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Tools ... I uninstalled the SQL 2000 version and it let me install ... information about edition upgrades, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SQL 2005 wont upgrade using R2 discs
    ... Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Tools ... I uninstalled the SQL 2000 version and it let me install ... But I assume I need to upgrade the default instance too, ... information about edition upgrades, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)