Login and users, Security scenario

From: Birthe (birthe@unibase.dk)
Date: 12/04/02

From: "Birthe" <birthe@unibase.dk>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 04:57:21 -0800

Hi,
My ms access .adp is using SQL2000. My connection is set
up to Login on the SQL server with a specific name. The
name is associatet with a part of the Firm/"Town" -
because i need to know which Town has entered the order.
Now my security problem is that the persons who i using
the .adp with login "Town" is a lot of different stabs in
the firm. Some is making orders, some i making the
invoices and so on. I would like to make some role for the
stabs - ordermakers should not be allowed to make any
changes to ex. customers number or name just only the
invoicemakers. How can I make this ?? is there any way,
where I could make following solution ?? (See attached
file).

THANKS!!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Set column level permissions in Access adp
    ... login name and the user name is dbo. ... For the adp, QA, and in EM, I ... >Vyas, MVP (SQL Server) ... >UPDATE permission ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Set column level permissions in Access adp
    ... The ADP is connecting using SQL Authentication or Windows Authentication? ... Can you create a trigger on the table in question, to log the login and user ... UPDATE permission ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: How do I protect my login page from prying eyes (forms authentication)?
    ... I suppose I could have the login page in the main site (ie not ... >>At the end of the day though, you're just practicing security through ... Have the secure website generate invoices in the non-secure site, ...
  • Re: Set column level permissions in Access adp
    ... I checked using sp_who and the login being used currently ... by the adp is my own. ... priveleges on the column in question for my login so I am ... >trace it using SQL Server Profiler. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: using the same login name TWICE?
    ... Each ADP has its own connection to the database, ... the same login name. ... You can get it by using the SQL built-in function suser_sname. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)