Re: Frustrated :(

From: Steven Burns (royalstream@hotmail.com)
Date: 11/22/02

From: "Steven Burns" <royalstream@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 17:01:11 -0600

you know...that sounds like a good idea.
The only problem I got is that global sps die when the connection that
created them closes, but I guess I'll get around that somehow.

Thanks.

"Eric" <ega@cenosis.com> wrote in message

> Just a suggestion:
>
> 1. have a SP executed when the server is started
> 2. this SP can execute a COM (using SP_OA* procedures)
> 3. The com creates Global Stored Procedures (Create Proc
> ##My_Stored_Proc...)
>
> This way:
>
> - all sp all re-create when the server is started
> - you can distributed a new version of the package to update all sp
> - easier to track changes or roll them back
>
> It could be an encrypted script instead of a COM. Anybody see a downside
> using global stored procedures?
>
> Eric
>

> "Steven Burns" <royalstream@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I just found out that the stored procedure encryption used in sql 2000
can
> > be easily cracked.
> > Maybe that will be fixed in yukon....but in the meantime....
> > Is there any alternative to stored procedures?, third party products
(like
> > extrensions to sqlserver)?
> > Any kind of advice will be appreciated.
> >
> > Best regards
> >
> > Steven Burns.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Business Rules & Referential Integrity
    ... With regards to my stored procedures and the inherent "White Elephant", ... fully appreciate your comments and will use Declared Referential Integrity ... in SQL Server and capture any named constraint errors/exceptions this way. ... >> about application design and implementation using DotNet. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.distributed_apps)
  • Re: Querying on dates in dd/mm/yyyy hh/mm/ss format using Access2002 And SQL Server 7
    ... server compares the parameter values to the date of the creation of the SP, ... > 1) you can set the record source to the name of a SP, ... > Sylvain Lafontaine, ing. ... >> I don't understand how I can use parameterized stored procedures to solve ...
    (microsoft.public.access.adp.sqlserver)
  • Re: Frustrated :(
    ... this SP can execute a COM ... The com creates Global Stored Procedures (Create Proc ... - all sp all re-create when the server is started ... > I just found out that the stored procedure encryption used in sql 2000 can ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Permissions???
    ... > Server: SQL Server 2000. ... > the user could Write/Read data from server and execute stored procedures. ... > The connection was made with DSNs. ... ADO gives the following message when using stored ...
    (microsoft.public.data.ado)
  • Re: DB design, facilitates Double entries of internal transactions
    ... The single server is also ... transactions, even if just a pair of ID's/amounts, is still double entry. ... but I would tend to recommend SQL Server ... Stored Procedures and transaction control on the server. ...