Process Admin Server Role Can't use Kill command

From: Kevin Haglund (khaglund@tileshopsuperstore.com)
Date: 11/01/02

From: "Kevin Haglund" <khaglund@tileshopsuperstore.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 12:12:13 -0800

I need to allow some users to kill process that are
causing blocks. So I created a domain group and added it
to the process admin server role but these users still
don't have access to the Kill command in Enterprise
Manager or through TSQL statements. I couldn't find any
information on the Kbase and wanted to know if anyone else
is running in to the same problem. Dose any one know of
a solution to provide access to the kill command without
making user SQL Admins?

Thanks

Kevin Haglund

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [SLE] frozen application resistant to kill command
    ... > Sometimes I can't kill frozen apps with using kill command. ... If the problem is a 'D' wait, and the system isn't waiting for a remote ... than a fraction of a second), and you should report it. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Why doesnt kill work?
    ... > As you see, the kill command produces no output here, but if I make up a ... > pid at random it complains no such pid exists. ... > I'm running a single Athlon 1 gHz processor, ... > could kill any process regardless of owner. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: help needed killing process
    ... > There are times when a process get jammed so thoroughly the kill command ... and release any resources is has obtained. ... > possible for the kernel to simply wipe out any process out there. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Unable to kill runaway app. -
    ... I tried to shut down gthumb which was displaying a a photo from the nfs ... Kill 3487 does not stop it. ... This happened once last night and it sat there saying it was busy, the power ... The kill command without the ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: [opensuse] kill a process
    ... When you use ps with grep like this, ... time you tried the kill command, that process had died its natural ... but I think some tray applications are not associated ...
    (SuSE)