Re: Access Denied Error

From: BP Margolin (bpmargo@attglobal.net)
Date: 10/24/02

From: "BP Margolin" <bpmargo@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 15:22:12 -0400

Gerry,

I have to admit that I'm not sure that I'm following everything you posted,
but nevertheless, be aware that when you execute a BULK INSERT, it is SQL
Server that has to have permissions to the file, not just you. So the
account used to start the SQL Server service must have permissions on the
file. The following Knowledge Base article is not directly related to your
situation, but does sorta explain the same concept as above, and might be of
value.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q269074

BP Margolin
Please reply only to the newsgroups.