Re: Unable to connect to server

From: Arvind Krishnan[MS] (arvindk@online.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/22/02

From: "Arvind Krishnan[MS]" <arvindk@online.microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 19:09:18 -0700

Excellent, I am glad to hear that. As for the help, no problem whatsoever -
thats why we are here.
I am sorry I couldn't respond sooner - I was away for the last couple of
hours.

--
Thanks,
Arvind Krishnan
"David" <iloveschnauzers@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Arvind,
>
> Disregard Last Post...
>
> I thank you a Million times...
>
> I appreciate eyour assistance and patience with me on
> this issue....
>
> All resolved...
>

> Thx Again
>
> David

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Connecting to a remote sbs from a website?
    ... Your solution only works if your web app doesn't need to write data to the database. ... SQL server has always supported SQL authentication which does NOT require an SBS username/password. ... And if you aren't, somebody will find a way to break you, regardless of how well you think you've secured your master database. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: fc3 & mysql clustering
    ... > fault tolerance/redundancy is not just an issue of multiple mysql databases. ... > machine is the slave being tied to the master, ... The real trick is redundant database servers. ... > server goes down the other server takes over it. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Datapump and read only database
    ... You can invoke the datapump utilities from a remote server, ... on google that datapumping a read only database remotely is possible though. ... This is because Data Pump can't create the necessary master table or create external tables on a read only database. ... The above will still create the master table in the "remote" database, which if it is read-only, will result in an error. ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • RE: SQL Server failing to start (directly effecting sales!!!) Error: 823, Severity:
    ... You should consider calling Microsoft Technical Support as your master ... They will want your SQL Server Errorlogs ... that the machine with the database has hardware that is failing. ... Even if you are planning to reinstall you should make a backup copy ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.msde)
  • Re: Unable to connect to server
    ... that explains it - the definition for each database on a SQL Server is ... maintained in the Master database. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)