Re: Unable to connect to server

From: David (iloveschnauzers@hotmail.com)
Date: 10/18/02

From: "David" <iloveschnauzers@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 09:19:11 -0700

Arvind,

Ok.. Masterplan is still there.. It has not been moved.

I have included the error log.

available any longer?
>What does your errorlog say?
>
>--
>Thanks,
>Arvind Krishnan
>SQL Server Development Team
>Microsoft Corporation
>--
confers no rights.
>"David" <iloveschnauzers@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Arvid,
>>
>> I agree it is very strange.. dont know what has
happened.

>> I am using the Windows Authentication..
>>
>> And the Default DB is MasterPlan...
>>
>> Upon using the command from the command prompt isql -
E, I
>> am able to get the following message...
>>

>> MSG 4062, Level 11, State1, etc
>>
>> Cannot open user default database, Using master
database
>> instead.
>>
>> 1>
>>
>> Thx again in advance for your asisstance in this
issue...

>> David

isql,
>> and run a select
>> >* from syslogins to get this information.
>> >I am surprised that this happened just by stopping and
>> restarting your SQL
>> >Server service. Can you post your errorlog as well?
>> >
>> >--
>> >Thanks,
>> >Arvind Krishnan
>> >SQL Server Development Team
>> >Microsoft Corporation
>> >--
>> >This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
and
>> confers no rights.
>> >"David" <iloveschnauzers@hotmail.com> wrote in message
the SQL
as well

the Server

server>

failed..

SQL
on the

cannot

>> >.
>> >

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Create SharePoint Portal failed.
    ... One mentioned ensuring that SQL Server uses a case ... 13:55:40 Service database server is 'USDC-JOHRIV'. ... Update dbo.propertylist set DisplayName = N'Last name' ...
  • Re: ADO Connection Timeout
    ... to the central server, but you are willing to live with periods where it ... i.e. a local database or even a text file. ... to function until the connection can be restored to the server. ...
    (microsoft.public.data.ado)
  • Web Developers - Happy Hearts And HDTV! - Lockergnome
    ... Certificate on your MSIIS Web server. ... getting data from a database is only half the problem. ... Zend recently started a series about building rock solid code in PHP. ... which provides bulk database conversion. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: TNS could not resolve the connect identifier
    ... This database resides on Machine A. ... The Web server is running on Machine B. ... Using tnsping is not as good as using a real connection such as via ... client (note that this is terminology that appears in the 10g R2 ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • Config for OLTP system
    ... extrenal disks fo the 60GByte database server. ... IBM Informix Dynamic Server Configuration Parameters ... # BUFFSIZE - OnLine no longer supports this configuration parameter. ...
    (comp.databases.informix)