Re: Unable to connect to server

From: Arvind Krishnan[MS] (arvindk@online.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/18/02

From: "Arvind Krishnan[MS]" <arvindk@online.microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 18:00:47 -0700

David,
So what happened to the MasterPlan database? Is it not available any longer?
What does your errorlog say?

--
Thanks,
Arvind Krishnan
"David" <iloveschnauzers@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Arvid,
>
> I agree it is very strange.. dont know what has happened.
>
> I am using the Windows Authentication..
>
> And the Default DB is MasterPlan...
>
> Upon using the command from the command prompt isql -E, I
> am able to get the following message...
>

> MSG 4062, Level 11, State1,  etc
>
> Cannot open user default database, Using master database
> instead.
>
> 1>
>
> Thx again in advance for your asisstance in this issue...
>

> David

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Unable to connect to server
    ... And the Default DB is MasterPlan... ... Cannot open user default database, ... >You should be able to connect to your server through isql, ... >SQL Server Development Team ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Unable to connect to server
    ... errorlog, I am not seeing an attempt to start the MasterPlan database. ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ... >>I don't see MasterPlan starting up during server ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Unable to connect to server
    ... pertains to the SQL server. ... >the system is not even aware of the MasterPlan database. ... >Arvind Krishnan ... >SQL Server Development Team ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • RE: Fulltext failure on a 2 node cluster
    ... Server full-text search resource online: "SQL Cluster Resource 'Full Text' ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
  • Re: HELP PLEASE ~ ???
    ... You mentioned that it went ahead and added a SQL ... SQL Server 2000 database for all my data. ... find the connectionString in the newly recreated SQLExpress database. ... The connection string specifies a local Sql Server Express instance ...