Re: Unable to connect to server

From: David (iloveschnauzers@hotmail.com)
Date: 10/18/02

From: "David" <iloveschnauzers@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 17:07:50 -0700

Arvid,

I agree it is very strange.. dont know what has happened.

I am using the Windows Authentication..

And the Default DB is MasterPlan...

Upon using the command from the command prompt isql -E, I
am able to get the following message...

MSG 4062, Level 11, State1, etc

Cannot open user default database, Using master database
instead.

1>

Thx again in advance for your asisstance in this issue...

David

Manager connection?
>And what is the default db for that login?
>You should be able to connect to your server through isql,
and run a select
>* from syslogins to get this information.
>I am surprised that this happened just by stopping and
restarting your SQL
>Server service. Can you post your errorlog as well?
>
>--
>Thanks,
>Arvind Krishnan
>SQL Server Development Team
>Microsoft Corporation
>--
confers no rights.
>"David" <iloveschnauzers@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> The SQL 2000 server was shutdown. Upon rebooting the SQL
>> 2000 Server, The server indicates that it is running
>> (looking at the icon in the lower right hand corner as well
>> as verifying it the as well)
>>
>> I then open the MMC (Console) and try to open up the Server
>> and get the following message....
>>

>> A connection could not be established to <the server>
>>
>> Reason: Cannot open user default database. Login failed..
>>
>> Please verify SQL Server is running and check your SQL
>> Server registration properties (by right clicking on the
>> <server></server> mode) and try again..
>>

>> I have tried everything I can think of.. and still cannot
>> connect.. PLEASE HELP
>>
>> Thx
>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Fulltext failure on a 2 node cluster
    ... Server full-text search resource online: "SQL Cluster Resource 'Full Text' ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
  • Re: HELP PLEASE ~ ???
    ... You mentioned that it went ahead and added a SQL ... SQL Server 2000 database for all my data. ... find the connectionString in the newly recreated SQLExpress database. ... The connection string specifies a local Sql Server Express instance ...
  • Re: Multi-Channel Raid VS SAN Storage
    ... A 5~6 years old server is a very old server. ... As I mentioned, the server is one node in a cluster environment, and SQL is ... We actually are running RAID 1+0 and our aplication is definately more ... needs it's own SAN device, or at least a dedicated IO channel on the SAN. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • RE: How do I get back to base SQL server on my SBS 2003 server?
    ... After you uninstall SQL 2005, the instance which you upgraded will not go ... Uninstall and then reinstall ISA server. ... Uninstall and then reinstall the Monitoring component. ... Tools to Maintenance, change Monitoring component to Install, and then ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)