Re: Unable to connect to server

From: David (iloveschnauzers@hotmail.com)
Date: 10/18/02

From: "David" <iloveschnauzers@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 17:07:50 -0700

Arvid,

I agree it is very strange.. dont know what has happened.

I am using the Windows Authentication..

And the Default DB is MasterPlan...

Upon using the command from the command prompt isql -E, I
am able to get the following message...

MSG 4062, Level 11, State1, etc

Cannot open user default database, Using master database
instead.

1>

Thx again in advance for your asisstance in this issue...

David

Manager connection?
>And what is the default db for that login?
>You should be able to connect to your server through isql,
and run a select
>* from syslogins to get this information.
>I am surprised that this happened just by stopping and
restarting your SQL
>Server service. Can you post your errorlog as well?
>
>--
>Thanks,
>Arvind Krishnan
>SQL Server Development Team
>Microsoft Corporation
>--
confers no rights.
>"David" <iloveschnauzers@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> The SQL 2000 server was shutdown. Upon rebooting the SQL
>> 2000 Server, The server indicates that it is running
>> (looking at the icon in the lower right hand corner as well
>> as verifying it the as well)
>>
>> I then open the MMC (Console) and try to open up the Server
>> and get the following message....
>>

>> A connection could not be established to <the server>
>>
>> Reason: Cannot open user default database. Login failed..
>>
>> Please verify SQL Server is running and check your SQL
>> Server registration properties (by right clicking on the
>> <server></server> mode) and try again..
>>

>> I have tried everything I can think of.. and still cannot
>> connect.. PLEASE HELP
>>
>> Thx
>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Fulltext failure on a 2 node cluster
    ... Server full-text search resource online: "SQL Cluster Resource 'Full Text' ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
  • Re: HELP PLEASE ~ ???
    ... You mentioned that it went ahead and added a SQL ... SQL Server 2000 database for all my data. ... find the connectionString in the newly recreated SQLExpress database. ... The connection string specifies a local Sql Server Express instance ...
  • Re: Multi-Channel Raid VS SAN Storage
    ... A 5~6 years old server is a very old server. ... As I mentioned, the server is one node in a cluster environment, and SQL is ... We actually are running RAID 1+0 and our aplication is definately more ... needs it's own SAN device, or at least a dedicated IO channel on the SAN. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: Multi-Channel Raid VS SAN Storage
    ... A 5~6 years old server is a very old server. ... As I mentioned, the server is one node in a cluster environment, and SQL is ... We actually are running RAID 1+0 and our aplication is definately more ... needs it's own SAN device, or at least a dedicated IO channel on the SAN. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Error during pre-login handshake: SSL certificates and IIS?!
    ... After rebooting the server, people were telling me that SQL wasn't working anymore. ... If I'd be installing a new certificate, manually, I think I would break up again the SQL... ... Scott wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)