Re: "Not a valid user" crashes sql 7

From: Dan Guzman (danguzman@nospam-earthlink.net)
Date: 10/15/02

From: "Dan Guzman" <danguzman@nospam-earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 09:14:56 -0500

You can change the model database. Model is used as the template for
new databases and those properties will be used unless overridden.

--
Hope this helps.
Dan Guzman
"David Treptow" <david.treptow@chi.frb.org> wrote in message
> That works.  Is there a way to change the default setting for new
databases
> to disable autoclose, or do I have to remember to set this for each
> database?
>
> Dave
>
> "Bill Hollinshead [MS]" wrote:
>
> > Hi David,
> >
> > You are experiencing
> > http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q309/2/55.asp.  The
> > workaround is to disable autoclose, which (in my opinion <g>) would
be a
> > good thing to do in any case <g>.
> >
> > Please let me know if you have any questions.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Bill Hollinshead
> > Microsoft, SQL Server

> > rights. Subscribe to MSDN & use
http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups.

Relevant Pages

  • Copy database schema from Access to SQL Server
    ... I'm trying to write an application that takes an Access database as ... template to customize a new or existing SQL Server database. ... table and relation and whatever and applies this to the SQL Server ...
  • Re: Tempdb
    ... in model database. ... recreate the user every time on SQL server restart. ... > that when tempdb database will be created so it auto create one user which ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clients)
  • How do I position a graphic in a Word document?
    ... I have an application that does a sort of mail merge. ... All the data is stored in SQL Server (template for the letter, ... graphic will be stored as a bitmap in the database. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.general)
  • Re: Model Database Status is 1073741824
    ... this is a normal status for the model database. ... SQL Server MVP ... >> Dan Guzman ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: Do I need SQL Server?
    ... You already have some good advice on the SQL server issue, ... One approach to use to create what is called an MS access project. ... The other choice is a standard MS access database file, ... That north wind template is a simple example of what a product order ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)