Re: Encrypt SQL Database

From: jimmers (jimmers@yandex.ru)
Date: 10/11/02

From: "jimmers" <jimmers@yandex.ru>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 13:01:17 +0400

It is definitely possible. Check www.sqlsecurity.com

"Darius Kvitnickas" <anonymous@devdex.com> wrote in message
news:uqFxG2PcCHA.2144@tkmsftngp12...
> you can encrypt stored procedures, triggers, UDF's, views in sql server.
> read article 'Using Encryption Methods' in BOL for more info.
> Only remember to save your objects DDL, 'cause after encryption even
> object owner is not able to decrypt them.
>
> Darius
> Sql\Asp\VB developer

  • Re: Encrypt SQL Database
    ... you can encrypt stored procedures, triggers, UDF's, views in sql server. ... read article 'Using Encryption Methods' in BOL for more info. ... Only remember to save your objects DDL, 'cause after encryption even ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: OK What do you need? was:Re: Please test this encryption
    ... > strong encryption can be broken with brute force methods. ... *Some* weak encryption methods can be broken that way, ... We need the algorithm. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: secure transfer to desktop
    ... You can use multi-protocol to help with encryption as ... Do a search for encryption in the BOL. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: .NET encryption
    ... a basic encryption on strings passed to it. ... a string and then passed over the network via a WebService. ... is there any way of making the encryption methods work using ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • Re: OK What do you need? was:Re: Please test this encryption
    ... :: even strong encryption can be broken with brute force methods. ... :: Secondly weak encryption methods can also be broken simply by ... encryption method to be reasonably secure and respected you have to publish ... the source of the algorithm not just a small cipher. ...
    (sci.crypt)