Re: Encrypt SQL Database

From: Darius Kvitnickas (anonymous@devdex.com)
Date: 10/11/02

From:     Darius Kvitnickas <anonymous@devdex.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 01:09:29 -0700

you can encrypt stored procedures, triggers, UDF's, views in sql server.
read article 'Using Encryption Methods' in BOL for more info.
Only remember to save your objects DDL, 'cause after encryption even
object owner is not able to decrypt them.

Darius
Sql\Asp\VB developer

  • Re: SQL or Access DB
    ... As far as encryption goes though... ... with Sql Server you can use SQL DMO and encrypt your stored procedures ... installation - Security was absolutely critical and in most instances, ... > then we create a nice gui around this database and sell it to automotive ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • RE: Views
    ... you must understand that SQL Server 2000 does not support ... database data encryption as such. ... following method in the KB below to enhance the security. ... Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. ...
  • Re: Protecting database from administrators
    ... >> there is no encryption while at rest it must still be secure. ... >> All the security MS has offered is weak. ... If it is attached to SQL Server ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: MSDE Security (aka users looking at my apps database)
    ... > I have been called in more than once to untangle all sorts of developer ... let's think about a genious tool, RAC by SQL Server MVP Thanh Ngo.. ... even if SQL Server encryption has been defeated... ... think to privacy protection for sensible data... ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.msde)
  • Re: is WITH ENCRYPTION now safe in SQL2005?
    ... There are very dissenting opinions on that in the SQL Server community. ... you are in this situation you are quite happy that you can decrypt the ... How would a safe encryption method be implemented? ... private key, SQL Server must have access to that private key. ...
    (comp.databases.ms-sqlserver)