RE: SP4 Installation failed

From: linda deng[MS] (lideng@online.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/11/02

From: lideng@online.microsoft.com (linda deng[MS])
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 03:07:57 GMT

Hi JCF,

If you upgrade the SQL Server to SP4 via an installation CD, please change
another one or copy all the install files into the disk and setup again. If
you upgrade it with a download install package, please re-download the SP4
package from this link: http://www.microsoft.com/sql/downloads/sp4.asp and
install again. Before the installation, please make sure you have stopped
all the unnecessary services and applications. For more information, please
refer to the Readme.htm for SQL Server 7.0 SP4.

If the error still occurs, please view the SQL Server error log, Windows
Event log and sqlsp file to find more error messages. If anything is
unclear, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Linda Deng
Microsoft Corporation

  • Re: Unable to Apply SP4 to SQL 2000 Cluster (new Node)
    ... While attempting to install SP4, it comes up immediately after I ... to be on one of the nodes that can bring SQL Server online and apply SP3a, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
  • Re: SP4 on SQL 7.0
    ... the SQL SP. ... I suspect that if we install sp4 again, ... >>>SQL Server Development Team ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Using Query Analyzer with SQL 2005
    ... I suppose the "production" SP4 will just have to wait until I wipe ... What version of SQL Server 2000 Query Analyzer are you using? ... that comes with SQL Server 2005 that I can contiue to install on my ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.tools)
  • Re: SQL Server in SBS 2003
    ... mentioned before, 2005 is still being beta tested, for SBS. ... If so, install SQL Server 2000. ... SP4 brings them all up to speed at once if you use the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: DTS & MAPI problem (semmap.dll)
    ... SQL Server 2000 SP4 ... Only difference was the install order. ... Are you using the MSDE or letting Backup Exec ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts)