Re: Linked servers

From: George Li [MS] (georgel@onlinemicrosoft.com)
Date: 10/10/02

From: georgel@onlinemicrosoft.com (George Li [MS])
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 08:38:34 GMT

You need to change the authentication mode of Server B to "SQL Serve and
Windows", then add the SQL Server login that you specified in the "Be made
using this security context" to Server B.

Best Regards,

George Li

Microsoft

Relevant Pages

  • get details for sql server login from spid
    ... is there anyway that I can use dmv's to get the details of the client compuer where a user with an sql server login is accessing my server from. ... all computers are on a windows only domain, client computers are predominantly xp, server is server 2008 sql instance is 2008. ...
  • Re: Can have connections external to my web.config - what about my SessionState?
    ... It's that when I am debugging on my ... I want the session state stored in proc. ... MyMachine/ASPNET as a Sql Server LOGIN. ...
  • Change Servers
    ... I use Linked Tables to connect to my SQL Server database ... SQL Server Login box appears with the S1 server name. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • Change database servers
    ... I use Linked Tables to connect to my SQL Server database ... SQL Server Login box appears with the S1 server name. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.adp.sqlserver)
  • Permissions to DTS only
    ... I have created a SQL server login on Server A for a user ... who normally works exclusively on Sever B. That user needs ... to DTS data into one of server A's databases though; ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)