Re: SQL security

From: Richard Waymire [MS] (rwaymi_ms@microsoft.com)
Date: 10/09/02

From: "Richard Waymire [MS]" <rwaymi_ms@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 21:21:55 -0700

no, this should work fine. What exact error are you getting?

--
Richard Waymire, MCSE, MCDBA
"Dave Burrow" <dburrow@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> We recently installed a new win2K server with SQL 7.  We
> have an existing NT4 server with SQL 7 that is our domain
> controller.  I joined the Win2K server to the existing NT
> 4 domain but I am unable to use the users and groups from
> this domain in SQL on the new box.  Am I missing
> something?  If you need any more detail just ask.
>
> Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Passing IDs in SQL
    ... William (Bill) Vaughn ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ... >> Let's see how you're setting up the SQL in code. ...
  • Re: Passing IDs in SQL
    ... William (Bill) Vaughn ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ... >> Let's see how you're setting up the SQL in code. ...
  • Re: SMS 2.0 - Remote Tools being denied on some PCs
    ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ... > SQL DB ... > Remote Tools Security ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)
  • Re: SQL SLAMMER
    ... that's named pipes but from the way SQL Server 7.0 did it... ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Maximum row size for SQLExpress
    ... Express has the extended row size functionality introduced in SQL ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ... > funcationality as SQL Server 2005. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.msde)