MS02-056: Can't find fix for GetEffectiveRightsFromAcl() Fails

From: Neil Munro (nmi.munro@strath.ac.uk)
Date: 10/03/02

From: "Neil Munro" <nmi.munro@strath.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 04:46:03 -0700

When trying to apply security patch mentioned in MS02-056
for SQL 7, I was directed to KB article Q327068, which
told me that I need a fix for WINNT4 SP6 in order to apply
the security patch.

The hotfix is entitled:

 FIX: GetEffectiveRightsFromAcl() Fails in Service Pack 6

It is described but not provided at KB article Q258437.

Does any body know where I can get a copy of this hotfix,
or know of a workaround?

With thanks

Neil Munro

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Hotfix question
    ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, ... This fix will not ... > I would assume that the latest Cumulative Patch for SQL ... >>>> bug and Microsoft would build a hotfix. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Hotfix question
    ... contact Microsoft Product ... Support Services to obtain the fix." ... I would assume that the latest Cumulative Patch for SQL ... >>> bug and Microsoft would build a hotfix. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Hot Fix 826161
    ... As this fix does not contain a new version of SQLServr.exe the version ... The hotfix for machines that do not have MS-031 does ... I am not sure about SQL ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: MS02-056: Cant find fix for GetEffectiveRightsFromAcl() Fails
    ... Call Microsoft Product Support Services to get that fix. ... > When trying to apply security patch mentioned in MS02-056 ... > Does any body know where I can get a copy of this hotfix, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Error applying security patch MS03-031 on Sql Server 7 server
    ... When I try to install the MS03-031 security patch the ... hotfix installer fails with the following error message. ... After applying the patch the Sql version still shows up as ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)