Re: automating roles creation on SQLserv2000

From: Bob Pfeiff [MS] (rpfeiff@online.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/16/02

From: "Bob Pfeiff [MS]" <rpfeiff@online.microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:10:05 -0400

You could create a script using system stored procedures (sp_addrole,
sp_addrolemember) an GRANT to set up the roles, members and role
permissions. If you have them set up in a database already, you can
generate a script from Enterprise Manager.

--
Bob
Microsoft Consulting Services

  • Re: assigning DB-user to server role
    ... You script seems to promise what we expected when we used the Enterprise ... > You should be able to grant object permissions to the roles only. ... > EXEC sp_addrole 'MyRole' ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: script object-level permissions
    ... for example if you grant a object a row ... When you script your objects with the "script object level ... >Are you sure the objects have permissions other than ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • RE: how to deal with public role?
    ... All databases contain a public database role of which all users, ... roles are members. ... Do not grant additional permissions to this role. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Web Parts
    ... I'm not real familiar with the Members Web Part. ... Maybe you're account doesn't have enough permissions in the area/portal ... I'd just have to assume that Web Part will not work in SPS, just WSS. ... grant them permissions)? ...
  • Re: temporary permission
    ... The solution you propose will not work in login script, ... runs as the user (who would not have the permissions to grant themselves ... The logoff script might work depending on just what ... A startup script would have the permissions to grant the account ...
    (microsoft.public.security)