RE: MS02-020 Security Bullitin.

From: Shirley Kelly [MS] (skelly@online.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/16/02

From: skelly@online.microsoft.com (Shirley Kelly [MS])
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 13:02:43 GMT

Hello Ray,

It would help to know the specific edition of SQL Server you're using, plus the version number. I don't think we have any editions named
"Baby Version" :-) You can connect to the server with Query Analyzer and execute "select @@version" to determine exactly what version
you have.

According to the KnowledgeBase article for MS02-020, it applies to ALL editions of SQL Server 2000. Here's a link to the KB article:
      http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q319/5/07.asp

If you're using SQL Server 2000, this update should only be applied on top of Service Pack 2. If you're using SQL Server 7.0, it's included
with Service Pack 4.

Regards,
Shirley Kelly, MCSE, MCDBA
SQL Server Support

Are you secure? For information about the Strategic Technology Protection Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
http://www.microsoft.com/security.

Relevant Pages

  • Secure access to a SQL Server database
    ... securely accessing SQL Server. ... script text, computer launched from, user launching. ... the hash value that gets authenticated against the secure table. ... ASP Currently we use SQL Server authentication and stuff something in a ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Best method of saving data between the normal and SSL stuff
    ... I would use a central SQL Server to host both secure and non-secure data. ... > What I want to do is store their completed orders so that they can look at ... > to same http 'hit' DB? ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.db)
  • Re: Microsoft VBScript runtime error
    ... Ray at work ... Had registered the dll file, but It's still failed to work. ... > trigger a email alert to SQL administrator when the scheduled job failed. ... >> design in SQL Server. ...
  • RE: Sharepoint, text search and SQL Server
    ... Thanks Ray. ... As part of the install, ... SharePoint search requires the database ... >>Sharepoint is using the desktop version of SQL Server, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: How to prevent my stored procedure code from being decrypted?
    ... > How should I do to secure my code? ... the primary way to protect intellectual property is with license ... this alias are considered for inclusion in future versions of SQL Server. ... > I found some freewares which can decrypt the encrypted stored procedure. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)