Re: How to give the permission to add the records in table and views

From: Mary Chipman (mchip@nomail.please)
Date: 07/26/02

From: Mary Chipman <mchip@nomail.please>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 13:43:48 -0400

You might want to read up on how SQL security works before you get too
far. Books Online is a good place to start. Also, see
http://www.sqlsecurity.com/ and http://www.microsoft.com/security/ for
the security toolkit.

-- Mary
MCW Technologies
http://www.mcwtech.com

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002 02:45:51 -0700, "Shailesh"
<Shailesh@geminicorp.be> wrote:

>Dear Friends
>
>I am a fresh developer for the SQL server and have no Idea
>for the permissions on the database.
>
>I have created a database Master on which i can give the
>permission to the user to connect to the tables and to the
>database but the users are not able to insert or Update
>the records kindly suggest where i have to give the
>necessary permission so that my users can start inserting
>records.
>
>Your help in any positive dircetion for the solution of
>problem is needed.
>
>Best regards
>Shailesh

Relevant Pages

  • Re: db_denydatawriter
    ... perhaps this also gives read write access on the database to this user? ... the fact that a user has permission to run a certain Windows ... does not give her any permissions in SQL Server. ... Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Connecting To SSE with MSE
    ... CREATE DATABASE permission. ... Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • Re: code access security
    ... Error 1 CREATE ASSEMBLY for assembly 'GmsSqlClr' failed because assembly ... owner has EXTERNAL ACCESS ASSEMBLY permission and the database has the ... make sure the database owner is mapped to the correct login on ...
  • Re: low permission cannot convert from A97 to A2000/2003
    ... Delete is a separate permission. ... You need open exclusive permission on the database to ... > The admin user has full privileges. ... > as we wont be importing those files from them, and the contractor will be ...
    (microsoft.public.access.conversion)
  • Re: low permission cannot convert from A97 to A2000/2003
    ... Delete is a separate permission. ... You need open exclusive permission on the database to ... > The admin user has full privileges. ... > as we wont be importing those files from them, and the contractor will be ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)