sysadmin rights required to run SQL profiler

From: Simon L (anonymous@devdex.com)
Date: 07/16/02

From:     Simon L <anonymous@devdex.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 07:25:46 -0700

Hi All

Trying to tighten up on db security, created a user that allows only
data read/write

However (and isnt there always a however ) they also need to be able to
run profiler ..which requires sysadmin

arrghhh ! any ideas how I can satisy both needs e.g limited access, no
creation/deletion of objects etc ..but being able to run profiler

thanks then

Simon

  • Re: sysadmin rights required to run SQL profiler
    ... and in the vein of tightening up security, anyone who can use profiler can ... see all sql statements sent to your server, so it's a significant amount of ... There's currently no way to restrict profiler ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: sysadmin rights required to run SQL profiler
    ... Profiler requires sysadmin rights. ... > Trying to tighten up on db security, created a user that allows only ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Performance issue after coverting from Framework 1.1 to 2.0
    ... I converted a 1.1 project with Visual Studio 2005. ... but the conversion resulted in a serious performance loss. ... profiler actually almost every method took longer, ... security improvements?), but even a 'simple' Object.Equalstook 50% ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.performance)