SQL 6.5

From: amy (amywang66@hotmail.com)
Date: 07/08/02

From: "amy" <amywang66@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 13:25:26 -0700

We still have a system using SQL 6.5.

Since I am not familiar with SQL 6.5, I got confused wiht
the database device

I right click the database name TEST and then click edit
and the data size is 2500 MB and data space available is 0.
I also check the database device for this database:
TEST_data and size is 2500 mb and max size is 10000 mb.
It looks like the database device is full but all
operation contunue as normal.

My question is:
1.Does the 0 available space mean the database device is
too small or just mean all device space has been assign to
database?
2. Do I need to change the database device or database
size or it increase automatically?
3. Is there any option can set the database and database
device increase automatically, like sql 7, until the disk
full?
4. When I tried to change the size from 2500 mb to 2600mb
and click change now, it changed back to 2500 immediatly
and did nothing, How should I do?

5. How can I monitor the system to see if there's enough
space for database?

Thanks a lot

Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Remounting ufs filesystem for directio option
    ... > database work is taking place without danger of data corruption? ... Create a new / test user database using the new database device ... Drop the database device that was used by the test user database ... Remount filesystem without forcedirectio option ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • RE: Missing device file of sql server 6.5
    ... If the database device is missing; if the SQL server errorlog indicates ... database device and database and restore the backup into that database. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Fixed
    ... I also found this article that gives the proper way to move system dbs in sql 2008: ... The model exists where the master states it exists. ... This is the error log prior to detaching the model database. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: CREATE AGGREGATE failed because type Concatenate does not conform to UDAGG specification due to
    ... Go to the Database tab and click on the browse button next to the connection string. ... In the New Database Reference dialog, enter the details for the database where you want to deploy the assembly and create the user defined aggregate. ... I'm trying to do some CLR integration with sql server 2005. ...
  • CREATE AGGREGATE failed because type Concatenate does not conform to UDAGG specification due to meth
    ... Now register the assembly and the aggregate in the SQL Server database you want ... I'm trying to do some CLR integration with sql server 2005. ...