Re: Adding Permissions on TEMPDB every time computer restarts

From: BP Margolin (bpmargo@attglobal.net)
Date: 07/03/02

From: "BP Margolin" <bpmargo@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 14:20:56 -0400

Jason,

The tempdb is created anew each restart of SQL Server using the Model
database as its template. Can you just add the permissions to the Model
database?

BP Margolin
Please reply only to the newsgroups.

"Jason Tai" <jastai@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi! All:
>
> I need to find a way (possibly a script?) to add
> permissions for a user/group on TEMPDB everytime I reboot
> the server. It is because I have an ASP.NET application
> that needs the user to have access to the TEMPDB. It is
> a known issue that everytime you restart the SQL Server
> the permissions set on tempdb will disappear. Any
> suggestions? Thanks.
>
> Jason

Relevant Pages

  • ADP, Application Role, and objects
    ... The above link is to an atricle on how to implement SQL Server Application ... After you connect with your ADP, fire a bit of code to set the ... third party tools to view the data on the same database. ... Scenario 1 - If I explicitly grant permissions on that object to the user ...
    (microsoft.public.access.adp.sqlserver)
  • Re: Slow response
    ... SQL Server will use tempdb to store the intermediate result of an order by, especially if you're sorting a large resultset and the ordered columns are not covered by an index. ... Because I had made a practice of not ordering-by in the database, and did some basic sorting in the middle-tier. ...
  • Re: Execute Persmission denied on object sp_OACreate
    ... > SQL Server is creating a job behind the scenes. ... > permissions. ... > SA account password and gaining access to the database. ... >>> How can get a user permissions to execute these stored procedures ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Newbie: I dont understand user permissions for table access
    ... > My database is remote to my workstation. ... > tables/fields WITHOUT specifying anything in the permissions dialogs? ... >> HOW are you connecting to SQL Server? ... what rights/permissions have been granted to the PUBLIC role? ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: Execute Persmission denied on object sp_OACreate
    ... SQL Server is creating a job behind the scenes. ... SA account password and gaining access to the database. ... > SQL Server doesn't check permissions on indirectly referenced objects as ... > the proxy account security context for non-sysadmin users from Enterprise ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)