Index Tuning Wizard problems

From: Raymond (rkriete@mindspring.com)
Date: 06/26/02

From: "Raymond" <rkriete@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 13:51:34 -0700

SQL Server 2000

I've created a SQL Profiler trace file with a ton of
queries and I use this as a workload file to the Index
Tuning Wizard. Every time I run the wizard, I get this
message:

"The workload does not contain any events or queries that
can be tuned against current database. Check to see that
the trace contains valid events or that the SQL script
contains valid queries and you are tuning against the
right database."

I'm using the SQLProfilerTSQL_Replay.tdf Profiler template
to create the trace file.

Any ideas?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Official Status of SQLServer 2005 ADP
    ... I have said that the support for SQL passthrough ... queries under MDB was bad and worst than the one offered by ADP while you ... > attempt to "pass through" every Access query against a linked ODBC ...
    (microsoft.public.access.adp.sqlserver)
  • Re: Massive Large Query Issues
    ... Project Budgets: Entered at the Capital Request level, ... installed (One install is typically $100,000 plus the cost of the equpment, ... install SQL Server. ... Often, a collection of queries ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)
  • Re: Massive Large Query Issues
    ... Project Budgets: Entered at the Capital Request level, ... install SQL Server. ... of queries? ... make of the query you provided is to roll it up into a subsequent ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)
  • Re: "Query Too Complex" Errors
    ... few dozens of queries, in the middle of which there's a long chain of ... we've been having a lot of those "Query Too ... some of the complexity in the SQL ... SQL statement you are working on. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • Re: Dynamic query problem
    ... On Oct 17, 9:41 am, Andy Hull ... If we were to provide a fully featured dynamic query generator we would have ... Provided with already built queries which they can edit ... SQL and see where it is the same as for the other queries and where it ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)