Application Role - Slow Response

From: Daniela Guerra (danielamguerra@hotmail.com)
Date: 06/24/02

From: "Daniela Guerra" <danielamguerra@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 07:55:49 -0700

Hello,
I did a web application (asp).
I can open the connection with or without use a
application role but when I use the application role, the
connection is very slow and sometimes I have a timeout,
sometimes it's works. When I don't use the application
role it's works quickly. Why?
Thanks in advance,
Daniela

Code:

Const ChaineConnexion = "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;OLE DB
Services = -2;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security
Info=False;Initial Catalog=DataBaseName;Data
Source=ServerName"

Set conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
conn.Open ChaineConnexion
'conn.Execute("EXEC sp_setapprole 'RoleName', {ENCRYPT
N 'password'}, 'ODBC'")

Relevant Pages

  • RE: passwords in asp pages
    ... about the specifics of the connection other than the type (ie. by type I ... about your asp, ... passwords for credentials to an sql database on another machine. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Problem with ASP on Webserver
    ... I just enabled more ASP debug information and the dump looks like this: ... calling service 0x00044110 with connection socket ... (Accept-Language:) ... Server: Microsoft-WinCE/5.0 ...
  • Re: Problem with ASP on Webserver
    ... m_bstrScriptData, // script text ... ASP: Parse error in script caught by IActiveScript ... (Accept-Language:) ... calling service 0x00044110 with connection socket ...
  • Re: Perplexing connection problem - Win2K ASP/Jet DB
    ... The connection cannot be used to perform this operation. ... >the asp page page will do its data processing successfully, ... Repeated requests will subsequently fail and report the same ... >something to do with the operating environment. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.db)
  • Re: ASP form write to DB issue
    ... that posts the input to a ASP page (the ASP page must establish a ... ' Creating Connection Object and opening the database ... Set con = CreateObject ... Check your quotes - escape double quotes with single quotes as shown ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)