Re: SA password change

From: Sue Hoegemeier (Sue_H@nomail.please)
Date: 06/19/02

From: Sue Hoegemeier <Sue_H@nomail.please>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 10:56:48 -0600

Tom,
See...I said you'd be fine!
You don't get though tightening security that easily<g>.
It's part of the job. It can be a headache and every few
minutes someone will say "this doesn't work due to the
security changes" which is often not even close to the
issue. I think it's important to work with them though and
find out specifically what they feel they can't do or what
they think isn't working and help them find ways to perform
whatever they need to do. They don't really need sa although
they probably think they do and restricting such can help
them in learning security and how to develop more secure
solutions in the long run. Implementing security can often
require just as much people skills as technical skills. In
time, everyone adjusts.

-Sue

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002 09:25:58 -0700, Thomas Smith
<tomsmithj@onebox.com> wrote:

>Hi Sue,
>I did eventually change the password. Thanks again for your help. It was
>a little rough but I survived but the developers are crying "foul"
>because I restricted there priviliges from full admin to a tapered off
>version of that. The Sys. Eng is on back also. How do I make everyone
>happy and run a secure SQL Group?
>
>Tom

  • Re: Windows XP Running Slow
    ... There will be 3 sections of interest- Applications, Security, and System. ... "SC Tom" wrote: ... (I have a fast cable internet provider) ... use Task Manager or Process Explorer ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Event 5038
    ... "SC Tom" wrote: ... Go to event viewer and open the security event log. ... Right click Security once more and choose "Save Filter to Custom View". ...
  • Re: ECB+CTR Mode?
    ... Mark Wooding wrote: ... | Tom St Denis wrote: ... | OCB, by Phillip Rogaway. ... | secrecy and authenticity are security goals, ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • [Full-Disclosure] The "Drew Copley is a prick" Poll update (vote++)
    ... Hi Tom, Happy 4th July. ... we do love the summer holidays, each year more pre-pubescents emerge, ... "Provide Security - Making the Inetrnet a Secure Place of Business" ... doesn't your complete understanding of the law mean you should are MAKING ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Test for Quadratic Residues?
    ... Tom St Denis wrote: ... >> count in the modulus affect the security of El Gamal? ... > You can also test for QR by computing the Jacobi symbol. ... What's the other reason? ...
    (sci.crypt)