Re: Login issues with Access & SQL

From: Sue Hoegemeier (Sue_H@nomail.please)
Date: 06/18/02

From: Sue Hoegemeier <Sue_H@nomail.please>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 13:08:08 -0600

If you are using SQL Authentication I'm not real sure why
they would be checking use trusted connection.
If you are using SQL Logins, look at the following code for
the connection
ACC: Sample Function to Provide Password for Attached Tables
(Q109829)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q109829
You may also want to check the following to see if it
applies:
ACC: Save Password Check Box Dimmed When Linking ODBC Tables
(Q164003)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q164003

-Sue

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002 07:17:41 -0700, Kate Forster
<kforster@jolietcity.org> wrote:

>Sue,
>
>I am connecting using linked tables from Access. I believe I am using a
>connection string, because the tables were generated using the upsizing
>wizard. I am using MDAC 2.6.
>

>Kate

  • Re: Connection issues
    ... > Each user connected to the server has their own connection to the ... To take advantage of pooling, you would want to use "SQL Authentication" ... that you have to pass the ID+PW to the server from your client Windows Form ...
  • Re: SQL connection with custom authentication
    ... user for making the sql connection (SQL Authentication, ... When should I set the connection string? ... As for the auditing question, you might be better implementing your own auditing. ...
  • Re: Connection Pooling
    ... Conversation: Connection Pooling ... If you are using windows imporsonation then each user ... When you say SQL authentication do you mean having a user/login ... hard-coded into the SQL server? ...
  • Re: SQL.Net connection in VS2005 from local IIS to local SQLExpres
    ... "Database schema could not be retrieved for this connection. ... SQL has named pipes and TCP/IP open, ... I can browse the connection if I am in SQL Authentication using 'sa', ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • Re: Connection failure: SqlServer does not exist or access denied.
    ... Are you using Integrated security or SQL authentication? ... to use the IP instead of the server name and the connection worked. ...