Re: Linked Server Login Mapping - strange thing...

From: Mark (Post@here.please)
Date: 06/12/02

From: "Mark" <Post@here.please>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 13:46:55 -0700

Thanks,
I was actually looking for thoughts, not a bookmark to a
well-known article :-)

us;Q299410
>Also verify that in both cases the systems have the same
configurations,
>service packs applied.
>
>Cheers
>
>"mark" <Please@post.here> wrote in message
>> If anyone have thoughts on this. Kinda confused here.
>> Situation:
>>
>> ADSI linked server on SQL2k, Win2k native Domain.
>> User is member of Dom Admins.
>> Login to SQL has been granted (Domain\User), member of
>> SysAdmins role.
>>
>> Getting various errors 7330, 7350... when querying ADSI
>> using OpenQuery (syntax is correct)
>> Can Query using OpenRowset and providing User
credentials
>> in the form of UPN: user@domain.com
>>
>> Created a mapping on Linked server security: Local
>> = Doman\user, remote = user@domain.com (same user,
>> basically, just different syntax)
>>
>> Now OpenQuery works.
>>
>> I tested on another natve mode domain, there is no
>> problem using legacy style logins: Domain\Login
>>
>> Any Ideas please ? Or this is more a question to the
>> systems folks than SQL?
>>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Linked Server Login Mapping - strange thing...
    ... > using OpenQuery (syntax is correct) ... > Created a mapping on Linked server security: Local Login ... > systems folks than SQL? ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: XML vs SQL Server
    ... The built in factory assumes a common syntax among the ... the DBProvider Factory pattern is an interface-based ... Even if your SQL needs to be changed, ... change the value of the CommandText and everything else is fine. ...
  • Re: Connection.Execute causes untrappable runtime error
    ... Set Recordset = Database.Execute ... If I want to do a delete or Update, I do a Database.Execute ("SQL Syntax") ... I believe that the dataenvironment is the best thing in vb6 (The program are ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.database.ado)
  • Re: SQL, lite lite lite
    ...  'sqllite3' statements are valid SQL expressions, ... how and whether it can include arbitrary Python ... whether to permit transactions; and what the simplest and coolest ... thing you can do with a little Python syntax is. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: SQL Generator library
    ... I'm not sure what you mean by an object graph. ... syntax to three statements that seem to have ... SchemeQL[2] for Scheme that have similar goals. ... I think that the SQL it uses should be fairly portable, ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)