Re: Linked Server Login Mapping - strange thing...

From: Mark (Post@here.please)
Date: 06/12/02

From: "Mark" <Post@here.please>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 13:46:55 -0700

Thanks,
I was actually looking for thoughts, not a bookmark to a
well-known article :-)

us;Q299410
>Also verify that in both cases the systems have the same
configurations,
>service packs applied.
>
>Cheers
>
>"mark" <Please@post.here> wrote in message
>> If anyone have thoughts on this. Kinda confused here.
>> Situation:
>>
>> ADSI linked server on SQL2k, Win2k native Domain.
>> User is member of Dom Admins.
>> Login to SQL has been granted (Domain\User), member of
>> SysAdmins role.
>>
>> Getting various errors 7330, 7350... when querying ADSI
>> using OpenQuery (syntax is correct)
>> Can Query using OpenRowset and providing User
credentials
>> in the form of UPN: user@domain.com
>>
>> Created a mapping on Linked server security: Local
>> = Doman\user, remote = user@domain.com (same user,
>> basically, just different syntax)
>>
>> Now OpenQuery works.
>>
>> I tested on another natve mode domain, there is no
>> problem using legacy style logins: Domain\Login
>>
>> Any Ideas please ? Or this is more a question to the
>> systems folks than SQL?
>>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Linked Server Login Mapping - strange thing...
    ... > using OpenQuery (syntax is correct) ... > Created a mapping on Linked server security: Local Login ... > systems folks than SQL? ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: XML vs SQL Server
    ... The built in factory assumes a common syntax among the ... the DBProvider Factory pattern is an interface-based ... Even if your SQL needs to be changed, ... change the value of the CommandText and everything else is fine. ...
  • Re: Connection.Execute causes untrappable runtime error
    ... Set Recordset = Database.Execute ... If I want to do a delete or Update, I do a Database.Execute ("SQL Syntax") ... I believe that the dataenvironment is the best thing in vb6 (The program are ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.database.ado)
  • Re: Difference in Left Join, Right Join
    ... RIGHT syntax exist. ... If you write SQL such that what you feel is the driving table is at ... The above is Oracle outer join syntax, ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.misc)
  • Re: Linq to Python
    ... paradigm's big idea is to use a python + SQL type syntax to access data ... Simple LINQ expressions like the one you gave map easily to Python list ... I'm not overly keen on SQL syntax: I think this sort of complex expression ...
    (comp.lang.python)