Re: Encrypting Data in SQL Server Tables

From: Carlos Eduardo Rojas (carloser@mindspring.com)
Date: 06/11/02

From: "Carlos Eduardo Rojas" <carloser@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 11:52:18 -0400

Take a look at the following site http://www.protegrity.com

--
HTH
Carlos Eduardo Rojas
MCSE+I, MCDBA, MCSS, SQL Server MVP
Author: SQL Server Programming By Example
http://www.sqlserverbyexample.com
"Brad Feldman" <bradley.e.feldman@accenture.com> wrote in message
news:da0d01c21158$cfdfa550$39ef2ecf@TKMSFTNGXA08...
> I was hoping that someone knew of a way to encrypt data
> that is stored in SQL Server 2000.  The process will
> hopefully be the following:
>
> DTS the confidential data into SQL Server 2000.
> Run SQL using the confidential data.
> Store the data in SQL Server (encrypted) until the next
> time a special user needs the data.
>
> Please let me know if anyone has heard of this being done
> or if it is even possible.
>
> Thanks!
> Brad

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Encrypting Data in SQL Server Tables
    ... Brad, ... consists of an ODS (Extended Stored Procedure) library and a COM library. ... > DTS the confidential data into SQL Server 2000. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • RE: Encrypt data - SQL Server 2000
    ... Encrypt data - SQL Server 2000 ... We have already implemented a tight security schema for the server, ... database and user groups, but business users want ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Application concerns OVER Login
    ... I don't know your exact requirements, but at least with SQL Server if you ... certainly use a third party tool to encrypt data, but the database schema ... More often than not, technology ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: SQL Server Security Question
    ... SQL Server 2005 can encrypt data. ... to encrypt data without the DBA being able to decrypt it. ... One of my clients is looking for a encryption tool for SQL Server to make ... DBAs should still be able to perform administrative tasks but not ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Encrypting Data in SQL Server Tables
    ... I was hoping that someone knew of a way to encrypt data ... DTS the confidential data into SQL Server 2000. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)