Re: sqlServer & Internet explorer

From: Carlos Eduardo Rojas (carloser@mindspring.com)
Date: 06/06/02

From: "Carlos Eduardo Rojas" <carloser@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 17:14:56 -0400

Some of the sql server components, like books online and enterprise manager,
require internet explorer. Actually, IE is a requirement of the sql server
installation. I know this is kind of weird from the security point of view,
but that's the way it is.

--
HTH
Carlos Eduardo Rojas
Author: SQL Server Programming By Example
http://www.sqlserverbyexample.com
"Maris" <mritley@kent.edu> wrote in message
> The security people here don't want Internet Explorer
> on out SqlServer servers.
>
> Can anyone tell me why SqlServer is dependent
> of Internet Explorer?   We tried to remove IE
> from a SQLServer server and SQL wouldn't start
> with a message indicating the  it "couldn't find
> at least version 3.0 of Internet Explorer".
>
> I tried searching he Microsoft support web pages
> but I couldn't find any information.  I did find
> a short note in a book stating that before sqlServer 7.0
> you must install IE 4.01.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Explorer 6
    ... You are in the wrong newsgroup. ... This is for SQL Server ... security issues - not problems you might be having with Internet Explorer ... : deleted temp. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Pesky Home Page
    ... RUn internet Explorer. ... the general tab there is a box where you can set the home page... ... Wayne Snyder, MCDBA, SQL Server MVP ... community of SQL Server professionals. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Sending Zip file from Database problems
    ... Image field in SQL Server 2000 but Internet Explorer keeps saying: ... if I click "save" instead of "open" in the download box ... SQL = "SELECT ContentTypeString, DocumentData, DocumentTitle, FileExtension, ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general)
  • Re: online book "script error-object doesnt support this property or
    ... Can you reapply the latest Internet Explorer service pack? ... Looking for a SQL Server replication book? ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)