Re: Multi-Server Job

From: Narayana Vyas Kondreddi (answer_me@hotmail.com)
Date: 06/06/02

From: "Narayana Vyas Kondreddi" <answer_me@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 22:11:54 +0100

Never tried doing it by scripts, but watch out for sp_add_jobserver or
sp_apply_job_to_targets. See BOL for more info.

--
HTH,
Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)
"Shamim" <Shamim.Abdul@railamerica.com> wrote in message
I tried scripting this job, but not able to identify a place where it stores
all target servers.
Thanks
Shamim
> All servers - SQL SERVER 7.0
>

> "Narayana Vyas Kondreddi" <answer_me@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Btw, is the new target server SQL Server 2000 by any chance?
> > --
> > HTH,
> > Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)
> > Check out my SQL Server website @
> > http://vyaskn.tripod.com/
> >

> > "Narayana Vyas Kondreddi" <answer_me@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I am looking into this and post more info if/when I have it. In the
> > meantime, try to do this using scripts.
> > --
> > HTH,
> > Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)
> > Check out my SQL Server website @
> > http://vyaskn.tripod.com/
> >

> > "Shamim" <Shamim.Abdul@railamerica.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for ur reply.
> > I defect and enlist the server but again with the same issue, 'NOT ABLE
> > SAVE' while adding the new server in the target server.
> > Please Advice.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Shamim
> >

> > "Narayana Vyas Kondreddi" <answer_me@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > I saw this problem before, but not sure what exactly causes it or how
> > > reproduce it. Try this: Cncel that dialog box, defect that new server
> and
> > > enlist the server again. Now try adding the this new server as one of
> the
> > > target servers for the  job.
> > > --
> > > HTH,
> > > Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)
> > > Check out my SQL Server website @
> > > http://vyaskn.tripod.com/
> > >

> > > "Shamim" <Shamim.Abdul@railamerica.com> wrote in message
> > > NO Error message, not allowing to save. On clicking OK button its not
> > > closing the window .
> > > Tried closing down the window, prompting for Save, Cancel ....Again
> > nothing
> > > happen if click on save, so only option to close the
> > > window is to clcik CANCEL.
> > >
> > > Shamim
> > >

> > > "Narayana Vyas Kondreddi" <answer_me@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > servers.
> this

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Memory Allocation - Win2k3 SP1 and SQL Server 2K SP4
    ... Microsoft SQL Server MVP ... MVP - Windows Server - Clustering ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
  • RE: SBS 2003 Unable to connect to database STS_Config
    ... Uninstall the SQL server from the SBS 2k3 server from add/remove programs ... Uninstall Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine (SHAREPOINT) ... If AV software install any extra IIS virtual directory, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Memory issues with 64-bit SQL Server 2005 on 64-bit Win 2003 C
    ... I also checked the individual patch levels for the .NET drivers, SQL Server ... The SQL Server is fully patched, however Windows Update reported that the OS ... Lock pages in memory -- I guess you might have taken care of it as well. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
  • RE: migrating from wmsde to sql server
    ... Click Start, point to All Programs\Microsoft SQL Server, and then click ... then click New SQL Server Registration. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...