Re: Problems with SQL Srv. Agent and Proxy Account

From: Sue Hoegemeier (Sue_H@nomail.please)
Date: 05/20/02

From: Sue Hoegemeier <Sue_H@nomail.please>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 12:00:33 -0600

If you are following all the steps on resetting the
accounts, the only other problem I can think of that you may
be running into is if your SQL Server is installed on a
domain controller.

-Sue

On Mon, 20 May 2002 01:51:19 -0700, Jakob Persson
<jakobpersson@yahoo.dk> wrote:

>Hi Sue
>
>Thank you for your answer.
>
>But again I am sorry to say - that this part is configured allready too.
>
>I can start the SQL Server Agent and run jobs okay, but I still get the
>error message regarding this Proxy account (which I have tried to
>reset, but alas no cure)
>
>Kind Regards
>
>Jakob Persson
>Maersk Data AS
>Denmark

  • Re: Newbie question on SQL connection
    ... > Let me educate you about SQL Server security. ... granting permissions to these accounts in SQL ... > maintain its own user accounts, which are separate from domain user ...
  • Re: Sql server 2005 clustered service group
    ... For each clustered service in the instance of SQL Server that you are ... administrator for the names of existing domain groups, ... Note that SQL Server accounts will not be removed from the groups if SQL ... I see with installing SS2005 cluster if forces me to use domain accounts ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: Domain Groups For Clustering Service ???? SQL Server 2005
    ... You need to manually add the service accounts you specify during setup into ... services then just add that to each of the 3 domain groups you create. ... Jasper Smith (SQL Server MVP) ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
  • Re: Newbie question on SQL connection
    ... Let me educate you about SQL Server security. ... The "Trusted Connection" error is associated with the "Windows ... granting permissions to these accounts in SQL ...
  • Re: Unable to Backup on Network
    ... The correct permissions will be set if using Enterprise ... Manager to change the service accounts. ... Change the SQL Server or SQL Server Agent Service ... >> Also we have given FULL CONTROL rights to the target directory. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)