Re: Access to Enterprise Manager without being an Admin

From: Michelle (michelleaspbury@afninet.com)
Date: 05/14/02

From: "Michelle" <michelleaspbury@afninet.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 15:30:39 -0500

Ah, you're right. I've been searching for more documentation on this role in
my spare time. Got any?

Michelle

"Sue Hoegemeier" <Sue_H@nomail.please> wrote in message
> But I don't think the user would have read-only access if
> the default permissions are used. I believe that adding a
> user to TargetServerRole allows them to edit job stops,
> delete jobs, run jobs they don't own, and other activities
> to support MSX. I think they may only be restricted from
> changing the job owner.
>
> -Sue
>
> On Tue, 14 May 2002 13:11:18 -0500, "Michelle"
> <michelleaspbury@afninet.com> wrote:
>
> >Might want to look into the Target Servers Role in msdb.
> >
> >Michelle
> >
> >"Cami" <cami97us@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> I was wondering if there is any way to give a read-only access to a SQL
> >> server user to view SQL Agent jobs (in Enterprise Manager) without
being
> >an
> >> admin.
> >>
> >> Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Apple enforces single tap patent
    ... What makes computer software so special that people developing it ... MIchelle, go read his book for yourself. ... Steve Jobs, the pioneer of the computer as a jail made cool, ... Nobody deserves to have to die ­ not Jobs, not Mr Bill, not even ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Bush Economy Creates Jobs?
    ... See I'm unemployed and I fill my spare time with learning guitar because ... So...did Bill Clinton or George W create more jobs in the amp building ...
    (alt.guitar.amps)
  • Re: NAVL Bullsh*t
    ... Didn't know who Michelle was, and trust me, I called several people who ... IF THEY HAD BEEN DOING THEIR JOBS would have been the PROPER PEOPLE TO ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: NAVL Bullsh*t
    ... > Didn't know who Michelle was, and trust me, I called several people who ... > IF THEY HAD BEEN DOING THEIR JOBS would have been the PROPER PEOPLE TO ... Prev by Date: ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: Short wrench report
    ... into a tree whilst ridin inna park then wrote: ... To look at 5 years worth a jobs that our company has done, ... spare time for studying. ... LOL It's hard work but worth it. ...
    (rec.motorcycles.harley)