How to use EFS to encrypt SQL DB file

From: Jacky Wong (jackywong@solutionexpert.com.hk)
Date: 05/09/02

From: "Jacky Wong" <jackywong@solutionexpert.com.hk>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 20:29:04 -0700

Dear all,
Thank you very much for your attention. I am facing a
problem about encrypt SQL DB file with EFS. Here is the
situation:
1. I login the Win 2000 Server with the administrator
account
2. stopped the SQL Server's service
3. I encrypt the dbf file with EFS
4. Start the SQL Server's service
5. I start the Enterprise manager
6. I notice that the database is suspended

Am I doing anything wrong? Please help.
Best regards,
Jacky

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Database Protection
    ... I am not familiar with SQL however here is my two cents. ... EFS or other encryption can limit access to any file to just those that have ... Users leaving their computers logged on an unattended is another problem ... filtering and/or 802.1x authentication to control that. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Encrypt/Decrypt SQL Server 2005 data files
    ... EFS is what we tried. ... There are two unfortunate limitations. ... First, according to Microsoft, you cannot use SQL if the log file is encrypted. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • RE: efs - encrypting sql folders
    ... Implementing Encrypting File System (EFS) with SQL Server ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: sql problem
    ... Account # is the link field on ... The requirement is I have to come up with a report comparing the two ... customer tables to see if they are in sync. ... what I wanted to do was to get the SQL to return the "like" names ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • Re: sql problem
    ... Account # is the link field on ... table1, table2@dblink where ....) ... customer tables to see if they are in sync. ... what I wanted to do was to get the SQL to return the "like" names ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)